Tasha Da SilvaCity Councillor
West Kelowna, BC
The opportunity to serve the City & Community of West Kelowna is both an honour and a privilege
I was born and raised in Richmond, BC along the docks of Historical Steveston Village. My parents, Anne & Joe, had immigrated to Canada as refugees in the early 1970s, escaping the Idi Amin Regime of Uganda in East Africa. Learning by example, my parents always taught me the importance of being in service to the community. So, I have always sought out opportunities to contribute; from being a blood donor, to SPCA foster, to various community boards, and fundraising campaigns. I am eager to lend my talents and time for the betterment of my community.
Currently serving our community as City Councillor, I moved to West Kelowna in 2012, at a time when a single family dwelling was an attainable asset for a young family like mine. I was able to build a thriving business with the assistance of local business support systems. I’ve been lucky to have raised my daughter in such a wonderful community.
Articles Featuring Tasha
- West Kelowna Votes 2022: Tasha Da Silva | Black Press Media
- Canadian Home Builders’ Association | Candidate Survey Answers
- Candidates on Denied Claims | Castanet
- WK Entrepreneur Running for Council | Castanet
- GRA Treat Truck | The Daily Courier
- Bracing for WildFire Season | CBC
- We Are Okanagan Tech – Meet Tasha Da Silva | Accelerate Okanagan
- The Final 6 – OKGN Angel Summit | Accelerate Okanagan